Plumbers and Electricians must obtain a trade license from Westchester County in order to work in the county. The first step is to apply to take the licensing examination.

Review the examination schedule for testing dates.

Plumbing and Electrical license holders can request a replacement license card, certified license copy, additional vehicle decals as well as notify us of a business or home address change by submitting a Trades Licensing Request Form.

Consumers should ask plumbers and electricians to see their Westchester County license card. The card shows when their license expires. Consumers also have the option of searching online to see if the individual they wish to hire is licensed.