If you have any questions about the mortgage rate, fees or other provisions of the loan, consider consulting a qualified, independent credit counselor or other experienced financial adviser before you proceed. It's always better to ask questions before signing on the dotted line. In particular:
- Mortgage loan rates and closing costs and fees vary based on many factors, including your particular credit and financial circumstances, your earnings history, the loan-to-value requested, and the type of property that will secure your loan.
- The loan rate and fees could vary based on which lender or mortgage broker you select.
- Higher rates and fees may be related to the individual circumstances of a particular consumer's application.
- You are not required to complete any loan agreement merely because you have received disclosures or have signed a loan application.
- If you proceed with this mortgage loan, you should also remember that you may face serious financial risks if you use this loan to pay off credit card debts and other debts in connection with this transaction and then subsequently incur significant new credit card charges or other debts.
- If you continue to accumulate debt after this loan is closed and then experience financial difficulties, you could lose your home and any equity you have in it if you do not meet your mortgage loan obligations.
- Property taxes and homeowner's insurance are your responsibility.
- Not all lenders provide escrow services for these payments.
The following list of reputable counselors in Westchester is provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development:
Community Housing Innovations
100 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601
Tel: (914) 683-1010
Housing Action Council
55 South Broadway
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Tel: (914) 332-4144
Human Development Services of Westchester (HDSW)
Neighborhood Preservation Company Program
28 Adee Street
Port Chester, New York 10573
Tel: (914) 939-4144
The Family Resource Center of Peekskill, Inc.
1000 Orchard Street
Peekskill, NY 10566
Tel. (914) 739-0411
Westchester Residential Opportunities Inc.
470 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
Tel: (914) 428-4507